Thursday, June 17, 2010

The blind will see.

My heart was broken the other day. We traveled to a village that we will call Chicken Parmesan for now. We met with a family that I may have mentioned before, but if not I will provide a quick summary.... The woman that lives here suffered the loss of her husband and now she lives with her 4 children and her mother-in-law who is blind. Well we were talking to this family and storying with them, telling them stories about healing. We asked them how we could lift them up and they began talking about how hard it has been since the husband passed. The blind woman's daughter was talking about her brothers tragic death and the blind woman began to sob. She was heart broken by the loss and she was searching for comfort and some sign that everything would be alright. Because His will is so sovereign, He provided the words she needed right then to give comfort and hope. As we were talking to her I glanced over at the widow. I saw emptiness in her eyes. She too was searching for something. She looked numb with grief. The picture of the blind woman sobbing and the empty eyes of the widow will be forever burned in my soul.

Today we traveled to the same village and again visited this family. But this time there was the sweet aroma of grief lifting and hearts being healed. The past couple times we visited the widows house she was not as welcoming as the rest of her family, with good reason. If I lost my husband tragically I wouldn't want random foreigners coming to my home either. But today when we walked in, she smiled. She looked happy and gave us hugs! I was astonished! We told them that today we were coming to lift them up and we would be back Tuesday to story. So we lifted them up and when we were finished the blind woman spoke the only English words she knew. She said "I love you." She said it several times and as she did she hugged us and touched our faces to get a mental picture of us. I was in tears.

He is so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tia - :) I love you, Paige S.

Ken Owens said...

Wow, what a powerful relationship you are building with that family. Keep sowing the seed. Lifting you guys up. Tell others hello for us.